To Access Your Account:
1. Go to Plainview-Old Bethpage Public Library's webpage: www.poblib.org
2. Click on "My Account " (on the Menu on the right side).
3. Enter your name, barcode and PIN number. If you do not know the PIN, try the last 4 digits of your phone number or 1234. If these do not work, you can visit the Library to have the PIN reset, or CLICK HERE to learn how to reset the PIN online.
5. Click on your name on the top right. You can see any items you have checked out or reserved by clicking on the appropriate link on the left.
To Reserve Material:
1. Go to the catalog and type in your search.
2. Select the appropriate title.
3. If the title is unavailable, click the "Request It" button on the right side of the entry.
4. You will need your library card barcode and pin number to place your request.
5. Complete your request by clicking the "Submit" button.
To Renew Material:
1. Follow the above directions to access your account.
2. When you are in your account, click on the link for Checkouts.
3. You can click in the Renew box to the left of the title that you want. If there is no box, the item is not renewable.
4. After making your choices, click on the button that says Renew Marked or Renew all.
If you have any questions, please call the Reference Desk at 516-938-0077 ext. 251.