Renew & Reserves Materials
To Access Your Account:
1. Go to Plainview-Old Bethpage Public Library's webpage: www.poblib.org
2. Click on "My Account " (on the Menu on the right side).
3. Enter your name, barcode and PIN number. If you did not choose a PIN, try the last 4 digits of your phone number or 1234. If these do not work, visit the library to set up a PIN.
5. Click on your name on the top right. You can see any items you have checked out or reserved by clicking on the appropriate link on the left.
1. Click in the "Search" bar then choose: Author, Title, or Keyword.
2. Type in the box the terms for the material you wish to request.
3. At this point you see only what Plainview owns; however we borrow books from all over Nassau County so it is better to see all the libraries if you wish to get a particular item.
4.Scroll to the title you want to reserve, click on "request it".
5. If more than one entry for your title appears, double click on the one that you want.
6. Click on "submit."
7. The screen will indicate if your reserve was successful. Then you can start over or log out.
1. Follow the above directions to access your account.
2. When you are in your account, click on the link for Checkouts.
3. You can click in the Renew box to the left of the title that you want. If there is no box, the item is not renewable.
4. After making your choices, click on the button that says Renew Marked or Renew all.
If you have any questions, please call the Reference Desk at 516-938-0077 ext. 234.